It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC + 10 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Offroad80s.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

If you are a registered user and are having troubles staying logged in or you attempt to log in and the forum dosent let you, Please read this post first If you are still having problems contact Admin.

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: LPG Impco Feedback system
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 pm 
80 Advocate
80 Advocate

Australian State: VIC
Cruiser Model: FZJ80 GXL
Transmission: Manual
Year: 95
Does anyone know how the Impco feedback system works? I see that the 225 mixer comes in two variants, either 'clean air' or 'feedback'. I was under the impression that a feedback system required an O2 sensor and an LPG computer to operate.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I was planning on dropping a pretty penny on a vapour kit however $3000 is not easily had and I have just found out that the diaphragm on current no brand mixer has split and is letting LPG into the cooling system. So another (significantly) cheaper option would be to upgrade to a full IMPCO system with a 225 mixer. A system is for sale now on Ebay but I dont know if a feedback mixer will work for me.

Help appreciated.

Cheers

5 Speed, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 12,000Lbs Runva winch, Safari Snorkel, HID Conversion, 2" Lift, sports exhaust, Alpha Vapour Injection LPG.

Looking to buy 1FZ turbo manifold. Please message me if you know of one.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: LPG Impco Feedback system
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:42 am 
SA Member
SA Member

Cruiser Model: FZJ80 RV
Year: 93
I was talking to my LPG tuner guy a couple of months ago and although he didn't think it was worth the money to upgrade what I already have, if I were starting from scratch, it was the impco 425 that he would definitely install. They are designed for big motors in big vehicles.
Now I'm not sure on the O2 sensor side of things on the 95 models but mine being a 94 has one albeit not working at the moment, but if it was it gives an output to the LPG processor to adjust the mixture to give better economy and prevent lean out backfires on big throttle inputs.

Craig.

12/93 FZJ80
4500 cc of petrol and LPG guzzling goodness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:48 am 
SA Member
SA Member

Cruiser Model: FZJ80 RV
Year: 93
Oh and I should mention, the computer or processor is a relatively inexpensive part of the whole system. Google gastech processor. If you don't have an O2, I doubt there would be anything to stop you fitting a generic one like a Bosch unit for a commodore or similar even if just for the gas side of things

Craig.

12/93 FZJ80
4500 cc of petrol and LPG guzzling goodness
jiggas has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm 
Champion
Champion

Transmission: Auto
Year: 96
Not sure which way you want to go, but if you want to get up and running quick and easy......

Just picked up one of these today to replace the one I already had, has been in the car for years and had started to leak water.... can you believe it.......... made right here in Cheltenham Victoria.... a snap to fit and not too expensive at $165.00...

http://www.lgmotorgas.com.au/b2.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:14 am 
80 Advocate
80 Advocate

Year: 95
Thanks for the input.

The 95 does not have an 02 sensor, at least my 95 does not. I did think about the idea of putting in a sensor from a falcon as I have a spare from a previous life but I would like to, if possible, install a wideband and use a controller which could more accurately adjust mixtures.

I dont really understand that chip, what does it mean by dual channels and channel isolation?

Could something like this be used:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IMPCO-FUEL-C ... ORE:AU:101

Or one of these:

http://www.peelinstruments.com.au/page13.html

Currently I am finding that my highway economy is pretty much exactly the same as my around town economy on gas. Both are about 21L/100klms. So I guess that means its running rich when cruising on freeway when really it should go into 'closed loop' mode to save fuel.

5 Speed, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 12,000Lbs Runva winch, Safari Snorkel, HID Conversion, 2" Lift, sports exhaust, Alpha Vapour Injection LPG.

Looking to buy 1FZ turbo manifold. Please message me if you know of one.

Contact Us | All times are UTC + 10 hours